Duty Station: Port-au-Prince
Starting Date: 02.01.2023
Period: 1 year
Reporting to: AVSI Haiti Country Representative / Regional Manager Caraibes
Aim of the position: The Operation Manager assures efficiency and efficacy in all operations within the country. Shehe assures compliance (accountability) with AVSI’s internal policies and procedures, and according to those provided by the Donors. The Operation Manager performs each activity according to the Code of Ethics in line with AVSI Mission, Values and Method and shares the organizational culture with colleagues, beneficiaries and all stakeholders. Heshe is a role model in understating, sharing and adhering to AVSI core values and behaviors (focusing on transparency, integrity, accountability, etc. as per AVSI Code of Ethics) and ensures their adoption and implementation.
Main tasks and responsibilities
• Under the lead of the Country Representative heshe, plays a key role in the development and implementation of the country programme direction and strategy in all aspect related to operations (administration/finance, logistic and HR).
• Collaborate with HR at the Country level for administrative issue related to employment and under the supervision of the Country Representative
• Ensure compliance with AVSI policies and local laws including NGO law, tax, and any other applicable local laws, providing a framework for effective policy implementation concerning operations.
• Developing and implementing annual departmental plans in line with the country annual plan and measuring performance against key indicators
• Comply and support the implementation and correct application in all AVSI offices and field bases of all Procedures and guidelines and actively engage in problem solving through informed and innovative solutions
• Represent AVSI in technical forums and to donors and other external stakeholders (including the media) when requested by the Country Representative
• Under the…