HostGator has long been one of the world’s best web hosting providers, and its Gator website builder ranks among the best website builders. It offers a selection of web hosting packages targeted at beginners and those entering the space for the first time, and at first glance, it seems to be an excellent option. But as you will see in our HostGator review, things aren’t always quite as good as they seem.
HostGator review: Snapshot
Despite being one of the biggest names in the web hosting world, HostGator just doesn’t stack up against the competition. It only offers simple shared, VPS, and dedicated server hosting options, and those aren’t the only downsides.
For example, the company provides little information about its security practices, which does little to instil confidence in its services. Its price structure is deceptive, and there are too many upsells for comfort. On top of this, HostGator’s performance isn’t on par with more reliable alternatives like Hostinger.
On the plus side, HostGator does boast a beginner-friendly interface, decent customer service, and a selection of notable features. But then again, so do Hostinger and Bluehost, and they stand out as much better options for those starting their first website.
Read on for the full HostGator review.
How does HostGator compare to its main competitors?
HostGatorHostingerBluehostScore3.5/54.5/53.5/5Pros- Competitive introductory prices
– 45-day money-back guarantee
– Fast, helpful live chat support- Excellent security across the board
– Very competitive prices
– Attractive native hPanel control panel- Feature-rich hosting plans
– 30-day money-back guarantee
– Impressive 24/7 supportCons- Very average security features
– High renewal prices
– Basic VPS and dedicated server options- Resource limitations with shared hosting plans – Lack of advanced hosting options- Limited monthly payment options
– Basic configuration optionsVerdictHostGator is a favourite among web…..